It’s not easy to say ‘no’ to something especially when everyone else is saying ‘yes’. Sometimes, it’s not easy to stand up for what you believe in. We are all afraid of being unpopular and of ending up with no friends because we want different things from others, or because we have different ideas or beliefs. It is not easy to put yourself out there, because of the risk of being judged negatively, or teased.
- Can you list some people you know, who are not afraid to express their opinion and to take a stand about things?
- What qualities do such people have, to be able to do this?
- When do you find it easy to express your true opinion, wants, or needs?
- When do you find it hard to express your true opinion, wants, or needs?
- Have you ever been pressured into something you didn’t want to do, and refused to go along with it?
- How did you feel afterwards?
produced in collaboration with registered Gestalt Psychotherapists:
1. Geraldine Borg, firstname.lastname@example.org / 7932 4008
2. Nadine Castillo, email@example.com / 9945 2436
3. Karen Schranz. firstname.lastname@example.org / 9942 8395